.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free and Low Cost Business Resources!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Don't change your list midstream

People signed up for your list because they were interested in what you are promoting.

If you suddenly decide that instead of internet marketing you want to focus on a direct sales program get a new list for the direct sales program, or at least announce what you are doing on the list so the uninterested people can unsubscribe.

I've been on two mailing lists where the focus changed after several years.

When I signed up for one list I was interested in internet marketing, and all of a sudden I started getting 2-3 messages a week about telling me why I should use the products from the list owners new direct sales adventure.

That obviously wasn't what I was interested in, and it made me lose respect for the list owner.

It also made me think that if she was so desperate to make a few dollars that she would take her list that she worked so hard to grow for several years and turn it into a permanent direct sales list, then she wasn't doing very well at what she was teaching, so I probably shouldn't listen to her anymore.

People sign up for your list to listen to what you have to say about a particular subject.

If you change the focus of that subject they may be interested, or they may not be, but it will definitely change their view of you, and that won't be good.


Best Wishes For a Prosperous Business,

Sarah


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home