.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free and Low Cost Business Resources!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Grow Up!

In business, you have to be the grown up.

I think it's a shame that I have to tell you this, but recent events compel me me to.

Grow up!

If you're not grown up, at least pretend you are.

I recently have seen a situation where a manager for a company and a director for another part of the company are basically having a verbal war on the company message group.

How is that productive?

How do those messages help the rest of the people on that group?

It isn't, and they don't.

I've been working as an independent contractor with this company for over a year, and I have had no problems with them.

However, the manager involved just happens to be my manager, so I am concerned about my position in the company, and I'm more that a little concerned about the bad behavior of upper management.

I was also hoping to try some new things with the company, and now I'm afraid too.

I don't want to be associated with a company that will allow it's top people to treat other people like that.

There are some situations where it's good to discuss business problems out in the open, but it is never ok to publicly humiliate and degrade someone.

Even if the person who is being attacked doesn't mind, there are always other people looking, and do you really think that they would want to do business with a company that acts like a spoiled two year old throwing a tantrum in public?

I know I wouldn't.

Best Wishes For a Prosperous Business,

Sarah


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home