.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free and Low Cost Business Resources!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

How I Moved From Blogger to Wordpress

I just moved my Mystical Beauty blog from Blogger to Wordpress. I only had one major problem. None of my individual blog posts or category links worked. I have spent hours trying to get the links to show up in their own pages. I finally ended up changing the permalink structure to /%category%/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/,(in wordpress click on permalinks, then insert this where it says structure) and it works. I am so relieved. Moving from blogger to wordpress was much easier than I thought, other than that one issue.

I found a lot of useful resources. I could not figure out how to migrate from blogger to wordpress by looking at the wordpress info-I ended up figuring out how to do it by googling it.

I followed the tutorial from Catsutorials in order to import my data from blogger to wordpress. I don't have too many comments, so I did not use the hack to import comments. The process was very easy, and I didn't have any trouble at all.

All in all this process was very easy. I'm not sure what caused my category pages not to show up, but that was the only problem I had, and hey-you know how to fix that now :-)


Best Wishes For a Prosperous Business,

Sarah

2 Comments:

  • Sarah,

    Thanks so much for posting this info. about migrating from Blogger to Wordpress. I, too, have had trouble finding this info. through Wordpress' own support channels, so it helps a great deal to have someone point to the information I'm looking for.

    By Blogger Harold, at 11:32 AM  

  • Hi Harold, I'm glad I could be of help!

    Sarah

    By Blogger Sarah, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home