.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free and Low Cost Business Resources!

Monday, September 19, 2005

Wish you could open those pesky word documents without word?

I'm so excited. I recently downloaded open office, and now I can open the word and excel documents that I haven't been able to open forever.

Best of all it's free!

I downloaded the stable version, but if you want you can open the newest beta version. It might still have bugs though, and I wasn't feeling that brave today.

I haven't done much with it other than open the documents, but so far it seems great!

You can also save items in several different formats, including several versions of word and excel.

Open Office runs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Windows, Mac OSX, and Irix, so it should work on your operating system. Installation was very easy, although it did not automatically install. I had to open the folder, and read the pdf with instructions, then basically I clicked on setup. You should read the instructions if you are running a computer with administration rights, or if are installing it on a network.

If you have any more question go ahead and ask, or check out the open office site. I wish I'd downloaded this earlier!

Now I'm off to see if I can send my recipe from my old computer and open it with this one :-) Please, please, please, lol.

Best Wishes For a Prosperous Business,

Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home