.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Free and Low Cost Business Resources!

Monday, September 19, 2005

Open Office Update

One problem. I can't open up microsoft works documents, which means I lost my recipe database. Of course since it was crazy anyways, I'd end up with three recipes mixed together...which is great when you end up with 1 cup of okra in your brownies :-) Just kidding. I don't have any recipes with okra in them...but you get the idea. Things for one recipe would be saved with another one, so it's probably time I copy them all to something new.

You are supposed to be able to save regular microsoft works documents into word format, so after you do that you can open them with open office. Unfortunately I ended up installing word on the computer with microsoft works, so I'm not sure which program is doing what, so I can't tell you how to do that.

Ooh, I just realized that I could convert documents to PDF in Open Office, I am so excited. When you open up a document in Open Office, there is a little PDF file, and all you have to do is click it, choose a file name, and it will save it in PDF form.

This is great if you want to offer little downloads to your users (such as Mystical Beauty's Free Beauty Tip Ebook, which I did not make with Open Office :-) .)

Ok, off to play :-) And no, I'm not getting paid to say this!

Best Wishes For a Prosperous Business,

Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home